Bed Bug Treatment Services
At Solutions Pest Control, we strive to stay on the cutting edge of all Bed Bug Control. Whether it’s training with larger American Bed Bug companies, attending bed bug specific conferences annually, or trial and error, we are always in search of the best bed bug control solutions for our customers. Call today and let us prove it to you!
Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are small, flat bugs that feed on human or animal blood, leaving itchy red welts. They are mostly active at night and are commonly found in mattresses, box springs and bed frames, where they are close to their source of food. However, with their flat shape, they can fit in spaces as thin as a credit card and can hide in cracks in the floor or wall, smoke detectors and electrical sockets.
A few signs of a bed bug infestation:
- Red, itchy welts on areas of skin that are exposed while sleeping
- A strong, musty odour
- Dark coloured feces near hiding places
- And, of course, live bed bugs
The first thing to do if you suspect you have bed bugs is to search your mattress and box spring carefully.
Bed Bug Control – Timing is urgent!
- BED BUG CONTROL FACT:
- In less than three months, a pregnant female bed bug can produce up to 1,000 offspring (including eggs)
A female bed bug can lay hundreds of eggs in her lifetime, and, in ideal conditions, one of those eggs can hatch and reach maturity in as little as one month, and produce as many as three generations in a year.
Where Do Bed Bugs Come From?
Bed Bugs can arrive in the home in luggage, clothes, used furniture and other items, and quickly spread to other rooms or from one apartment to the next. If you think you have bed bugs, take action as soon as possible, as the infestation will only become harder to eliminate overtime. If you are unsure, give us a call, we can help you understand what to look for.
Bed Bug Inspection Services
Let’s face it – if we all knew how to inspect for bed bugs, we would probably all be sleeping a little better at night. But we don’t. Bed bug inspections can take on many meanings in today’s world; however, we prefer to stick with the tools that we know best. We have been performing many visual bed bug inspections per month for the last number of years. We have developed a pretty keen eye, so rest assured, you are getting the best bed bug inspection technicians available.
Bed Bug Detection options
In some rare situations, when the likelihood of visually locating a single bed bug early on is going to be difficult (think office or theatre), we have trained & certified K9’s available to assist. Need more still? We are also proud to offer the latest verification tools in the bed bug inspection & monitoring game: The Verifi bed bug detector. Designed for verification of an infestation, these new traps, with replaceable internal attractants, work exceptionally well with an ongoing preventative bed bug program.
Bed Bug Treatments
Bed Bug Control can be performed using traditional pesticide sprays, heat, steam, vacuums and more. It doesn’t take long to find a particular method on the internet that people both love and hate based on their experience. There are benefits and downfalls to each kind of bedbug control method, so choosing a specific one that best suits you should be a decision that is not jumped into quickly.
By the time you suspect a bed bug infestation and call a professional to confirm it, the bed bugs have likely been there at minimum, a few weeks. An extra day to properly vet a pest control professional and research the best methods will give you some peace of mind. Here are some qualifications, tips or questions to ask a potential bed bug expert before booking your bed bug treatment.
- Are they Quality Pro Canada certified?
- What bed bug treatment methods do you offer? (more options for you)
- How long have you been providing each method?
- How long have you been in pest control? (experience speaks for itself)
- Do you attend any bed bug specific conferences? (they are up to date)
- Are you a member of the local Pest Control Association?
- Are you insured and bonded? (it’s your home – protect it)
- What is your rating with the BBB of BC? Are you a member?
- Can you provide references from past bed bug treatments?
- What are the star ratings and comments from independent testimonial sites like Google, Yelp, etc?
Bed Bug Heat Treatments
Heat treatment for bed bugs is the extermination of bed bugs using heat in place of traditional pesticides. The heat kills all stages from juvenile bed bugs to adults, including the eggs, by penetrating all areas bed bugs hide, leaving no area safe for survival. It is a one-day service with 100% elimination guaranteed. We employ the use of both electric and external, diesel-powered heaters (not propane), depending on the customer needs and layout of the home.
Traditional Bed Bug Treatments
A traditional bed bug treatment is heavily reliant on the use of various pesticides for the elimination of bed bugs. This treatment method may sound far more simplistic than it is. When appropriately implemented and not rushed, this is still a very effective and affordable treatment option. There is a growing number of pesticides being used in Canada that bed bugs are becoming resistant to, so knowing which products to use in the proper places is key to the successful extermination of a bedbug infestation. Our technicians receive ongoing training to stay on top of what products are the most successful and employing them in our treatment practices.
In addition to these traditional bed bug treatments highlighted above, we frequently employ the use of:
- Vacuums (physically removing the bed bugs from the residence before heat or spray)
- Steamers (great for specific circumstances & spot treatments)
- Passive bed bug traps (no attractants & catch bed bugs usually while travelling)
- Active bed bug traps (use attractants that impersonate the food source)
- Mattress Encasements (much cheaper than throwing out the bed)
- Bed Bug Information Presentations (so you’ll know what to look for next time)
Complete Bed Bug Treatment Services
At Solutions Pest Control, we strive to stay on the cutting edge of all Bed Bug Control. Through training with larger American bed bug companies, attending bed bug specific conferences annually, and our proprietary research, we are constantly in search of the best bed bug control solutions for our customers. Call today and let us prove it to you!
These are the popular blog posts with clients looking for information on bed bug issues